Sign in to follow this  
Hendog

sway bar installation

Installing the sway bar on my 69, the hole for the end link in the lower arm and the hole in the sway bar dont line up well. The sway bar is adjusted as far forward as the brackets will allow. The end link leans toward the rear of the car at an angle that seems a bit extreme. The angle makes it almost impossible to get the nut on the end link bolt. Is that normal? Should the 2 holes line up so the end link is straight up and down? The sway bar is a 15/16 off of a 70 boss 302.

at ride height, but when I got my hollow 1 1/4" from Cobra Automotive, I didn't use the end link they supplied - it was too long - but used the one supplied by Unique Performance with my coilovers, but using the bushings from Cobra Automotive. This arrangement got me a pretty flat end to the bar at ride height. I assume this is desirable, as the suspension needs to move up and down and deform the end link bushings above and below the end of the bar more or less equally.

I guess, try different end link lengths?