Sign in to follow this  
Stroked302

Side Marker Lights don't work?

Hello, new to the site and hoping for a little help! I have a 70 fastback that I'm installing a better original rear wiring harness. I got my grounds in and can see taillights however I can't get the side marker lights? I figured they'd be on when the lights are one. Any thoughts?

Look at the diagrams at http://midlife66.com/wiring/wiring.html and look at 70Must.Zip and look at 70Must2 I see a black wire from the light switch, then goes to a plug where the black wire turns into 2 wires, one brown that goes to the front markers. The second wire is black and goes from the plug to a connection (splice) near the license plate light... from the (splice) Black to license plate light, and brown to the rear markers.....

Questions

1. Is your license plate light on ??? With headlight switch on....

2. Front markers, are they on???

3. Is the front turn signal marker on, when not using turn signal?

If your front turn signal markers and front side markers are on then I would look around the area of where that (splice) is... Make sure the license plate light is grounded....

Ok, finally got some other parts so I could check out my electrical situation. None of my other lights work except for the taillights. No headlights, side marker, liscens plate,breaklights etc.? Can't figure it out. I checked the ground by the filler neck in the back and she sparks so I assume it is good. Checked my ground by the dash and she doesn't sparK? Any more thoughts? Fuses?