Sign in to follow this  
swhite832

temperature sending unit/fan sensor switch

I am installing electric fans. The only place to install the sensor is in the thermostat housing, which has the sending unit for the guages. The only other location available is in the intake manifold, under a distributor module. I plan on replacing the distributor in the future to rectify this problem. In the meantime, I am using a brass "T" in the thermostat housing to accomodate both sensors(fan switch, guages). Is there a problem with this, ie degraded temp. readings, etc.?

So the temperature sending unit for the temp guage in the heater hose for the most accurate engine temp. and the fan switch in the thermostat housing. Therefore, when the thermostat opens up at 180 degrees the fans come on. Or, vice versa?

Are you running a stock intake still? My Weind has more damn ports on it than I know what to do with. I must of had to put in like 5 or 6 plugs at least. Personally that's the only place I would run the sensors from.

So the temperature sending unit for the temp guage in the heater hose for the most accurate engine temp. and the fan switch in the thermostat housing. Therefore, when the thermostat opens up at 180 degrees the fans come on. Or, vice versa?

Good question.

Is your temp switch adjustable? I'm thinking that the locations you describe above would be the best choice.

Are you running a stock intake still? My Weind has more damn ports on it than I know what to do with. I must of had to put in like 5 or 6 plugs at least. Personally that's the only place I would run the sensors from.

On my performer intake there was only the location for the factory temp sender. I had to tap into the heater hose....

If/When I remove the intake, I will be drilling and tapping it for another temp sender.

I just installed set of fans and put the temperature switch in the driver side and temp sender in the intake. I purchased aem gauge sensor module. Before I used a t-stat housing mounted fan switch, it has results.

Edited by Pakrat
Questionable link in reply