Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stangracr

WTB convertible top frame for a 69 Stang

Welcome.

Try contacting a user here by the name of nmarlow, she had to replace her entire frame and I was able to buy the one piece I needed off her old one for my frame. She probably still has the rest of the parts and maybe the one you need.

I can tell you that after a 2 year search I pretty much had to give up finding anyone that was willing to part out a top frame and I contacted every single junk yard in the free world pretty much. I was finally set to try to buy a whole one from ebay for a few hundred bucks if anyone was willing to ship it ($$$$$$$$) when she came to my rescue.

She has not logged on to the site since February 3rd and she does not allow other users to contact her via email directly. Since her car was finished her visits aren't as frequent so you might have to be patient.

I am sure I have a phone and email contact for her at home but I'm not comfortable with just giving it out if I find it so let me try to contact her first and get the OK and then I'll do my best to put you in touch.

Here's a picture of just the frame if it helps you to point it out.

I am nervous that the part you want is not what you are describing and I don't want you to waste your time and money. Any actual part of the "frame" work, even the front portion would usually be made of cast pot metal. The aluminum header piece is not part of the frame and runs below the top between the sun visors. The top part above the window that comes in contact with the front of the frame is made of stainless steel like the rest of the exterior trim.

attachment.php?attachmentid=1382&d=1177294413

I really dont see it unless its just the posistion the frame is in. If you have a e-mail address I will try to forward a picture to you that was sent to me or feel free to call me at 816-820-9335 the part bolts to the front of the frame. it is probably made of something other then aluminum. the top material wraps around this at the front. I hope that helps.

ed

The car is in oklahoma and i am in KC right now. I will get a picture when I can. I promise this part is on the frame. I think it is in the picture posted on here but its hard to tell by the posistion the frame is in. Sorry I cant be more detailed. I will try to get a picture on here soon.

ed

Give me a month or so and I will be in a better position to know if I can part with this one. I have another convertible coming, and I do not know what condition the top is in.

I looked at the top again, and the piece you need is quite big. I would prefer selling the whole top to you if I decide to sell.

Bill