Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bjfox1970

'69 Rear Quarter Extenstion Question

I am in the process of dismantling my '69 fastback for restoration. When I removed the rear quarter panel extensions I noticed that the drivers side was potmetal and the passenger side appears to be fiberglass. What is the deal here. They both appear to have ford part numbers stamped in them. This is a plain jane sportsroof model. Which one is correct??

both are correct, actually. why ford did them that why i don't know but it's very common to see one of each on some cars or both of one or the other on others. to the best of my memory though, the 'glass ones were only used in 70 but i could be wrong. what are the part numbers. if it's a 69 piece it will have a C9 part number and 70 will have D0 parts number.

both are correct, actually. why ford did them that why i don't know but it's very common to see one of each on some cars or both of one or the other on others. to the best of my memory though, the 'glass ones were only used in 70 but i could be wrong. what are the part numbers. if it's a 69 piece it will have a C9 part number and 70 will have D0 parts number.

When I tore my 1969 Sportsroof down, the drivers side was fiberglass and the passenger side was pot metal. Both are factory original and have the correct date codes.

Clowns!

:shifty:

well this is nice to know. my 69 sportsroof has a metal passengers side with the teamco stamp and begining C9ZB, and the drivers side is fiberglass and is stamped with the ford logo and begins C9ZB. Both have the original color under the crappy overpaint but both are damaged from an accident on the rear end so im gonna need new ones. I was unsure of where the 'glass one came from but im guessin that its just another factory quirk. Hey clowns was ur stang from the San Jose Plant?

well this is nice to know. my 69 sportsroof has a metal passengers side with the teamco stamp and begining C9ZB, and the drivers side is fiberglass and is stamped with the ford logo and begins C9ZB. Both have the original color under the crappy overpaint but both are damaged from an accident on the rear end so im gonna need new ones. I was unsure of where the 'glass one came from but im guessin that its just another factory quirk. Hey clowns was ur stang from the San Jose Plant?

No, actually my car was from Dearborn. I don't think this was just a regional thing for Ford to practice with these cars.

Clowns!