Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

automart

gas gauge problems

After butchering my sending unit a few months ago trying to replace it, I took the time today to drill it out and install a new one. It works, so now everything except the speedometer is working. I never knew about the instrument voltage regulator.

Glad you got it all worked out. I can't believe the gauge still pegged with a bad circuit board. It shouldn't have which would have led you to checking for the problem there instead of with the sending unit.

There wasn't a problem with the circuit board, it was the little voltage regulator that plugs in like a 9v battery and bolted up to the circuit board. I just got in from riding around, the temp gauge does move but stays towards the cold side. The gas gauge is still working fine. It's nice to look down and see that it is working :)

Now on to other problems, sounds like my all NEW stock front end is falling off when I hit a bump. I don't have the little brackets that bolt the ends of the front bumper to the dust pan on yet. I thought that maybe the problem but it's probably not.