Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

d.reese

Stero wiring help needed!

I decided to follow the advice of others (ake: bnickle) and purchased a classic am / fm radio- year ? for the vert. I will be changing the dash speaker out and adding 6 X 9 removable speakers to rear seat area. Please look at radio wiring in pic's and inform on where or what the wiring goes to, if you can. I believe the short right side blk is grnd and the blue on right side is for the light. The main wiring connector appears to be blk- main power and the other 4 colored wires are speakers front / rear? Please advise.

i belive you ar correct, though i don't have a wiring chart for the radio. let us know how it all works out, i think you'll be much happier with this option.

ps, my new 69 cougar also has the original am/fm radio and i'll be doing the same thing as well, except that i'll be mounting the rear speakers in the package tray since the cougar is a coupe. i'll probably be using a CD player as well instead of a cassette, but i'm undecided on that just yet since i do have a really nice old Alpine cassette deck that was originally in my old 70 cougar, was going to use it in the stang but i bought a JVC to use in it so i could keep my alpine. the alpine was the first new deck i ever bougt, the only other new deck i ever had was a super nice sherwood that my dad got me for my 16th birthday, wish i still had that one. after i pulled it out of the stang to install a pioneer i got from a buddy i carried it around with me every time i moved but it everntually got lost in one of those moves.

Guess, I was wrong on the blk wire on the left, tried this with hot wiring and something popped and flaked out. Still need help on the connector on left side, what are these wires for orange, white and two light blue wires. All with a squirley looking lines on them. Anyone know anything?

Did go to CC and purchased polk speakers, mtx amp, all wiring hook ups and a new pioneer cd, remote,detachable face type----If I can,t figure out the original one I need help on.