Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aw4g63

I don't want Power Steering.

What's the best way to not run PS?

Think it will be possible to just throw some plugs in the housing where the lines run of will this cause problems down the road?

Is there a decent prices alternative to run a manual rack? I know nothing about steering shit, one of the few things I've yet to research.

why dont you want power steering, is it a pain in the ass on yours or you want to manually crank hard every time you turn going slow.

just curious, and sorry i dont have any ideas on it. im just a curious onlooker.

What you really need to do then to keep safe and working properly is to get one of the PS Converters. They run around $150 or so and convert the Power drag link to Manual.

That or find someone with a manual that want's power and swap them plus they have to pay both shippings and everyone wins.

I have the power to manual converter. I got it off eBay for around 85 bucks. If you want I can shoot some photos.

IMO its not that bad of a setup. The ps box gives 16 to 1 ratio. That plus opentracker's. Roller perches and roller idle arm makes a good steering setup.

I have the power to manual converter. I got it off eBay for around 85 bucks. If you want I can shoot some photos.

IMO its not that bad of a setup. The ps box gives 16 to 1 ratio. That plus opentracker's. Roller perches and roller idle arm makes a good steering setup.

Yeah, post up. I'd be interested in seeing that.

I really don't feel I have the need for PS. I've always hated it. Then again, I've never even driven this car. I just dislike it on old cars.

Yeah, post up. I'd be interested in seeing that.

I really don't feel I have the need for PS. I've always hated it. Then again, I've never even driven this car. I just dislike it on old cars.

I'm heading into work right now. I'll snap a photo tonight when I get done.

The converter allows you to only have remove the replace the drag link. It will actually take longer to remove the the PS stuff than install the link. Also if you get a change drive a car without ps before you opt for it. I've run the PS steering box 16:1 on a manual setup for responsiveness once I'm moving and manual gives a better feel for the road, but drawbacks are it takes some muscle if your at a standstill especially if you've got some larger profile tires. I've opted to actaully move from manual to power just recently.