Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rstbkt69

Green w/red stripe wire.

Going into the engine bay from the firewall connector is a green with red stripe wire with a single butt receptical. It is only 2 or 3 inches long. There is a similar wire and connector on the plug to the voltage regulator. I am missing the altenator wire harness and if i had it these two wires may become obvious as to what they are. Any hints.

the one on the firewall is for the ac compressor the one at the regulator is for the radio condensor. mine has 2 at the regulator not sure what the second one is for though, but i suspect it's for a charging circuit gauge or something like that.

Thanks again. Is it for power I put a meter on it and there is no voltage. The car does not have A/C so I'm suprised it is there. Could it mean that the other end is under the dash and I could use it as a pass through spot and not have to drill a hole in the firewall for some future wire I need to run. Jim

It is coming right out of thr firewall gromet with the wiper, NSS, main harness connector and the connector with the wires to the oil pressure sender coil and the other wire..

Green red comes out of the fuse box and hooks up to the "s" terminal on the voltage reg. I have the same single socket pigtail at the voltage reg. In the morning I'll see if i have something similar at the firewall. At the firewall red/green pops out and is the + for the coil. Also Green-red is shown going to the stoplight switch.

Hope this helps

My stoplight switch has the 2 pin connector on it. I have not looked to see what colors they are but I know the right connector is on it switch. I looked behind the dash and could not see a corresponding wire pig tail last night.

I'll look a little harder tonight I couldn't see it last night. I did put a meter on and look for voltage with the key in all positions. I didn't get anything with key movement.

Man you guys are never going to reply to another of my posts again. I get my 15 yr old out to help me with chaseing the wire in question down. he gets into the engine bay and I lay down to probe the wires. I say go to the green with red stripe wire. He tells me "There is no green and red wire" I keep telling him where to look and he says "Do you mean the blue and red wire. it looks like it may be a little green but it is blue and red" Sure as heck it is blue and red and it goes to the instrument light pin on the gage cluster connector. so I apologize for all the work I have caused, But it still does not tell me what the wire is doing in the engine bay and where it goes to. Man I feel like a doofus. Jim

On second thought, Blue/Red runs from the lightswitch to the fuse block? I would assume this is some lights thing. Is your car in a position to check to see how they operate? (in the chart, it runs right nest to the wiper relays.)

I'm pretty sure I've got this figured out. The reproduction wiring diagrams I have from Jim Osborn reproductions don't have all the diagrams. I have an original Ford Service Technician's wiring and vacuum diagram binder (thrown away by a Ford service department years ago and snatched up for me by an alert friend who worked there) that has all the diagrams.

The blue with red stripe wire with the single connector is connector A6, and provides the power to the PRNDL lamp on your shifter. On my car (automatic with floor shifter) the other side of the A6 connector has a black wire that is wrapped into the transmission neutral safety switch harness running back along the tranny to where it plugged into the wire exiting the floor shifter housing.

You may notice that most or all of your instrument lighting uses a blue with red stripe wire (code 19 or 19A.)

Regards,

Gazoo

Thanks Gazoo, Sorry it took so long to get back to you on this answer you gave for me. I think you are right on what the wire is. I'll check tonight after it cools off in the garage. been up to 110+ out side the lat few weeks.

Jim