Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

swhite832

Interior color choices

Let me start by saying I am not a purist so original color schemes do not concern me much. Nor, do I care for the colors available for 69's. That being said we are changing the interior color of our convertible. It is hot enough here in central Texas and the black seats gotta go.

We are going with tan upolstery. Due to limited choices in dash color we are keeping it black. The black carpet, which is new, will be staying as well. TMI can make a two tone (black & tan) door panel so the armrest will match. I would prefer armrest to be tan, if at all possible. If it is possible the entire interior(ex. dash and carpet) will get paint/upolstery in tan.

I am unfamiliar with the dying process and color matching ability of said process. I am skeptical about paint. I don't have a reason for this other than the flexiblity issues and wear on the arm rest/dash.

I have scoured the internet for pics of a 69 with non-standard interior colors with no luck. Does anyone happen to have any interior photos (to include stardard interiors other than black). Does anyone have experience with paint and/or the dying process and product suggestion(maybe a resource I can purchase).

This car is not a trailer queen, show car, etc. so the finish has to be durable.

Thanks in advance

sTw