Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

coz

Calling Tremec TKO owners...

I'm in the process of purchasing a Tremec TKO 600 5spd and have a question for those that have done it already.

I want to keep the stock shifter look and wonder if my Hurst shifter will work with the Tremec. Anyone have a Tremec and their stock shifter? I thought StreetKing kept his - if so what do I need to know?

Thanks,

I'm in the process of purchasing a Tremec TKO 600 5spd and have a question for those that have done it already.

I want to keep the stock shifter look and wonder if my Hurst shifter will work with the Tremec. Anyone have a Tremec and their stock shifter? I thought StreetKing kept his - if so what do I need to know?

Thanks,

No, I got the shifter from Kiesler..I did have to change my shifter handle. I didn't like the handle that came with it.

SW

Thanks, One last unhelpful question :offtopic: What you doing with the 4 spd ( assuming it's in good condition?)

Selling it. Toploader wide ratio, driveshaft, 9" rear with 3.89 gears posi, 28 spline axles and rear drum brakes. Linkage should be replaced - everything else is good though I would rebuild the tranny since it's out of the car and isn't expensive.

No, I got the shifter from Kiesler..I did have to change my shifter handle. I didn't like the handle that came with it.

SW

SW,

I wasn't real clear - that's what I meant - the shifter handle. Did you use a Hurst shifter handle? I thought you did....

Here is a picture with my Hurst shifter and hopefully it will work.

http://www.1969stang.com/gallery/COZ-69Mach1/110_1003