Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

369coupes

coupe rear int panels

they should be painted the same color as the lower metal dash, the correct color is that dark charcoal metallic. but i'd paint them the same color as the dash, whatever that is. if you painted it the original charcoal color, semi-gloss, satin black, etc. then paint the rear panels to match.

You know what is weird while you mention it, every time I see a correct car with the Charcoal lower dash I don't like it, it looks faded and old compared to the darker black above. I think I am just going to repaint mine black.

You know what is weird while you mention it, every time I see a correct car with the Charcoal lower dash I don't like it, it looks faded and old compared to the darker black above. I think I am just going to repaint mine black.

i too, prefer a satin black to the stock charcoal

um this is a black interrior im talking about guys , charcoal? my dark red interrior on my white coupe has dark red and the gold int coupe parts car i had had gold where are you getting charcoal? im confused now

um this is a black interrior im talking about guys , charcoal? my dark red interrior on my white coupe has dark red and the gold int coupe parts car i had had gold where are you getting charcoal? im confused now

Odds are you have probably never seen it done correctly, which is why you arte confused. I'm sure most people paint it black to match the rest of the dash. This is about the clearest shot I could find of a concourse car, it was a Boss 302. Look in the far right section. See how the dash, upper section and corner piece of the lower section are all black and matching, now look at the lower section, it doesn't look as black as the rest and that is not by accident.

BlueBoss302-4.jpg

guys ..... im talking about the panels under the 1/4 windows where the window crank is NOT the dash ????????????????

we know that and those panels ahould be the same color as the metal part of the dash, both of which originally would have been charcoal metalllic

they should be painted the same color as the lower metal dash, the correct color is that dark charcoal metallic.

Maybe this sentence wasn't clear enough at the start of this thread or his native tounge just isn't English. :smartass:

You can lead a Mustang to water....................

in the case of a black car they should be painted the same color as the lower dash which is the charcoal metallic. the other color cars also have bit of metallic in them for the metal parts as well (except for the lower dash). well, most of them anyway, i'm not 100% sure on red interiors.

ok then why are the ones in my original red interrior car red ? and the ones from my gold interrior parts car gold and my dash is black /charcoal etc

Hey man, I don't have all the answers but I wasn't the one asking the question, we're just trying to tell you what it was in the case of black. Why did some mach ones with hood scoops have a pie cut out but the GT had a full cut out and yet none of them were even functional?????? Why offer a round and rectangle clock but only make a black dash on everything? Ford did alot of whacky shit in it's day and had exceptions for every rule. It's your car, paint it Polka dot if you want.

Are you 100% sure with out any doubt that both your red and gold car have never ever been repainted at any point in time by anyone over the last 38 years???

This has gotten more complicated then it should be. The rear 1/4 trims in your car are the same color as your seats. If you need to respray them, order some new paint from http://www.npdlink.com. They have all the correct color spray paints to redo your interior. A lot of other vendors carry the same paint, so you can get it several places, just make sure you don't get it from the local auto parts place.

This has gotten more complicated then it should be. The rear 1/4 trims in your car are the same color as your seats. If you need to respray them, order some new paint from www.npdlink.com. They have all the correct color spray paints to redo your interior. A lot of other vendors carry the same paint, so you can get it several places, just make sure you don't get it from the local auto parts place.

while that is true, the paint he needs for the metal interior 1/4's in this case is the same color as the lower dash, charcoal metallic (black). that's what we have been trying to say.

ok thanks, the thing that threw me was i didnt mention it was about a black int UNTILmy 2nd post and black doesnt equal charcoal or vicy versa and i was sitting here saying WTF? I KNOW MY WHITE COUPES RED INTERRIOR PANELS ARE RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and it was sounding like ALL of them should be charcoal my red stuff is soo sun faded it is hard to tell if they were flat or gloss or kinda semi-gloss so that why i posted this and because i want to get some small stuff done on my girlfriends car which WILL be black/black the drivers door is allready done (painted) and it looks awesome

and yes pak im COMPLETELY sure that my red int has never been repainted the gold stuff was painted gloss black by some one though dont get your panties in a bunch

Says the guy who came off like he had an Atomic Wedgie yesterday. Like I said, I could care less what you choose to paint it but it's pretty frustrating when someone asks a question and then they argue with you about the answer or ask WTF you are talking about when they clearly couldn't have read what you took the time to explain. You were the one who was confused and yet you were the one getting pissy and acting like we were confused, I was just trying to help.

Originally your question was what finish not what color and I answered that without wasted words, this whole mess started when we wen't for bonus points on what the correct color actually was so that's our bad for going the extra mile after, we clearly shouldn't have bothered offering extra info where it wasn't requested or appreciated.

i was fine until you implied that i was stupid and questioned my heritage

yeah im not the brightest bulb on the tree but im far from the dimest

i was just trying to figure out how charcoal came into it if it was said for a black interrior they should be charcoal and other colors should match the rest of the interrior (obviously) there wouldnt have been the slightest problem but it was stated in a way that implied ALL interriors should have charcoal colored rear panels

i wasnt aurgueing at all i was confused simply because of the statement i made above and if i didnt want the help i wouldnt have asked for it i appreciate all the answers to my STUPID questions you answered my original question ,thank you

and as i said I WAS THE ONE WHO WAS CONFUSED

i was trying to point that the dash color is charcoal metallic. i guess i'm so used to working on black interior mustangs i didn't even think before i said they should be painted the same color. every mustang i've had has been a black interior and even my cougar had a black interior. i've had 3 other 69 coupes that were parts cars and all had black interiors.

i'm just really used to the black interior cars so that's what i assumed you were working on. or maybe i just remembered that car having a black interior, i don't know.