Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

369coupes

1970 coupe rear window

i really really hate the 69 coupe rear window outer trim so im going to put the 70 style trim on mine

what i need to know is, does the 70's use the same style window rubber seal or did they go to the gooey rope stuff type seal? and does a 70 have trim panels inside that a 69 doesnt? if so can some one post a pic of the inside rear window of a 70?

and this is the big one did 69 and 70's have the same size rear glass? i think they would but never hurts to ask

I just took the rear window out of my 70 coupe and it had a regular rubber seal on it. It was really dried out so I cut it off. As far as I can tell, the headliner bordered the top and sides of the rubber gasket. Don't know about the bottom as the car was mostly apart when I got it. I can check my other parts car later, that one is still together. I can get you the actual dimensions of the glass if you need it as it's still out.

I see bnickel answered your question already, but here are the measurements. It's about 16-1/8" tall and about 46-3/4" wide. It tapers top to bottom of course, so that measurement was taken in the middle.

yeah B they didnt much care about doing a good job of finishing the areaon 69's did they ?

quality must not of been job one in 69

its gonna be some work to smooth it out but nothing too extreme

thanks arrowhead for you time and trouble measuring it for me