Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ARIONE

Need Help with Boss 429

You've likely already found this but I'd suggest making contact on the 429 registery site. http://www.bossperformance.com/ The car may already be registered but no telling.

They should be able to tell you more about the car as well. To me it looks like a personally modified one that was drag raced but you never know.

Based on the KK number it would have been about the 300+ car built.

"Each vehicle was assigned a KK 429 Nascar production number.

Starting with KK-1201 running through KK-2558."

Actually it's just another junk old Mustang and you should just donate it to me.. :flowers:

-Stephen

if that is an original ford dual quad intake you can probably finance the resto of the car just by selling that intake, people will pay big bucks for that thing!!!!

but truthfully, i think that car is just downright beat down. you should sell it to me for $1 and write it off on your taxes as a donation and i'll return it to the scrapyard where it belongs. you'll spend way more money on fixing that car than it will ever be worth. you should just get out from under it now before it consumes your every fiber.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Nothing evil about us huh?... lol

I would be really curious how much the whole collection cost.. obviously none of my business though.

-Stephen

From the paint job and engine that looks like a Boss 429. someone narrowed the rear end and beefed it up and put in ladder bars and a roll cage and a drive shaft loop. If it came as a Boss 429 there would be a battery in the spare tire location and a shielded battery cable going toward the front inside the rocker panel. The shock tower would be modified to have a reinforced flat spot to clear the headers. There would be a cable running to the hood scoop flap. Totally restored to original this thing could be worth over 100 G's. Well worth the effort.

Sell it for a $1 eh? :thumbdown: I dont mind having a few less gray hairs trying to figure this one out.

As far as the collection I'd be happy to send you the list of cars. Shoot me your email address and I'll send it over to you.

The motor and trans coming out of the car this week so I can verify more numbers :punk:

Sell it for a $1 eh? :thumbdown: I dont mind having a few less gray hairs trying to figure this one out.

As far as the collection I'd be happy to send you the list of cars. Shoot me your email address and I'll send it over to you.

The motor and trans coming out of the car this week so I can verify more numbers :punk:

well you know i had to try. LOL

yeah i'd love to know what other cool toys you got bnickel4 @ cox.net

just leave out the spaces.

Hey everyone ... Did some more digging on the car.

Can anyone shed more light on Bob Tasco "Tasco Ford". I heard that Tasco Ford did allot of performance development/ upgrades that even caught Ford Motor Co. eyes and ears.

Tasco Fords driver for thier drag team was Bill Lawton. Bill Lawton was also a member of the Ford Drag Counsil as was Al Joniec. Ford provided Tasca with a two car team totalling $50,800.00. Our car was originally shipped to Tasca Ford and again only show 2200 miles !!!!! Starting to wonder if our car was one of Tasca "Super Boss" Drag cars.

Any input / direction where to find more info we BE GREAT !!!!!! :punk:

that would be Bob Tasca with an "a" at the the end. the original super boss cars were royal maroon i believe so i don't think this is one of those cars more likely it was just through the dealership. i'm pretty sure the super boss cars would not have been titled or would have the title say something like "special performance vehicle, not for street use" this would be on the title. NOT the door tag you were talking about. if your title has this it's very possible that it could have been a factory drag car. also there would most certainly be some kind of painting on the car identifying the sponsoring dealership, in this case Tasca Ford, and other contingency decals and the like. just do a search on google for Tasca Super Boss.