Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PaleRider

Options to put on flat black hood stripes

My car is at least a year from new paint have to take care of some basics first. Has a 5 to 10 footer paint job on it now with the normal chips/scratches etc. Would like to dress up a little in mean time. Would like to put black hood area and stripes (kind of like boss 302). Don't want to take in for paint - was thinking either rattle can or rolled it on. Seen a post on mopar site where someone rolled whole car and with wet sanding looked pretty good. Looking for options or others experience.

thanks

My car is at least a year from new paint have to take care of some basics first. Has a 5 to 10 footer paint job on it now with the normal chips/scratches etc. Would like to dress up a little in mean time. Would like to put black hood area and stripes (kind of like boss 302). Don't want to take in for paint - was thinking either rattle can or rolled it on. Seen a post on mopar site where someone rolled whole car and with wet sanding looked pretty good. Looking for options or others experience.

thanks

I painted my scoop flat black to better match the hood. I used spray paint and then lightly, lightly wet sanded to get rid of the rough texture. Looks great.

I also used a spray can to do 70 mach stripes and it looked like factory to me.

I painted my scoop flat black to better match the hood. I used spray paint and then lightly, lightly wet sanded to get rid of the rough texture. Looks great.

I also used a spray can to do 70 mach stripes and it looked like factory to me.

Sounds like spray can it is. Any ideas on how to keep over spray down? Will be doing in my garage and would like to keep the mist from getting all over.

tape it off and throw some old sheets or blankets on the rest of the car or cover it in a sheet of plastic. generally though, spray cans don't make a lot of overspray that actually sticks to the car, it generally dries in the air