Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

d.reese

1969 mustang build sheet codes

a fmx is a fmx i had one in my 72 mach good smooth trans unless you like to drag race in stock set up they dont shift into drive on thier own until your almost in the traps (with your foot floord )

the fmx was basically a middle of the road passenger car trans for slightly better gas mileage and softer shifting

dont know on the rear axle go to one of the vin decoder sites it should tell you

a fmx is a fmx i had one in my 72 mach good smooth trans unless you like to drag race in stock set up they dont shift into drive on thier own until your almost in the traps (with your foot floord )

the fmx was basically a middle of the road passenger car trans for slightly better gas mileage and softer shifting

dont know on the rear axle go to one of the vin decoder sites it should tell you

Transmition is an X = FMX! Is this a C-4,C-6 or a Cruis-O-Matic?

Rear axel is coded B2! What is this?

All help is greatly appreciated:confused1:

FMX is the cast iron case 3 speed cruisomatic. it's a good strong trans, it get's a bad rap but because most people don't understand it. it was originally introduced behind 390's and it was the only trans available behind the 351 in most passenger cars until the early 80's whan the AOD was introduced. there were some 351 cars that had a c6 as an option but not very many.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/260730/

these guys can tell you about anything you'd ever want to know about the FMX. the only real problem with the fmx is a lack of aftermarket support for it and it has a weak cast iron 2nd gear band, but the 2nd gear band can be replaced with a steel flex band. some people will tell you it's not a good trans but don't listen to them, keep the fmx unless you want to upgrade to an overdrive trans. BTW, the AOD is actually based on the FMX so a lot of the internal parts are the same.

Transmition is an X = FMX! Is this a C-4,C-6 or a Cruis-O-Matic?

Rear axel is coded B2! What is this?

All help is greatly appreciated:confused1:

FMX is the cast iron case 3 speed cruisomatic. it's a good strong trans, it get's a bad rap but because most people don't understand it. it was originally introduced behind 390's and it was the only trans available behind the 351 in most passenger cars until the early 80's whan the AOD was introduced. there were some 351 cars that had a c6 as an option but not very many.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/260730/

these guys can tell you about anything you'd ever want to know about the FMX. the only real problem with the fmx is a lack of aftermarket support for it and it has a weak cast iron 2nd gear band, but the 2nd gear band can be replaced with a steel flex band. some people will tell you it's not a good trans but don't listen to them, keep the fmx unless you want to upgrade to an overdrive trans. BTW, the AOD is actually based on the FMX so a lot of the internal parts are the same.

I am running an FMX with a Trans-go shift kit behind a 450hp 393 stroker with no problems at all.

If it doesn't shift into drive until the traps, you are running a really long rear gear, or your modulator isn't adjusted right. Also, all autos shift soft until you mod them. The FMX is no exception.

I am running an FMX with a Trans-go shift kit behind a 450hp 393 stroker with no problems at all.

If it doesn't shift into drive until the traps, you are running a really long rear gear, or your modulator isn't adjusted right. Also, all autos shift soft until you mod them. The FMX is no exception.

maxpower, thanks for the tips but unfortinatly my old mach one was totalled in 1989 i really wish i still had it though i loved that car and yeah i cant remember what gear it had in the 9inch but it was a highway gear (the 9inch is now in my buddys 67 pro street camaro:( ) my mach was the first car i personnelly bought so i was just a dumb high school kid when i had it and btw the accident that took my mach from me wasnt my fualt

maxpower, thanks for the tips but unfortinatly my old mach one was totalled in 1989 i really wish i still had it though i loved that car and yeah i cant remember what gear it had in the 9inch but it was a highway gear (the 9inch is now in my buddys 67 pro street camaro:( ) my mach was the first car i personnelly bought so i was just a dumb high school kid when i had it and btw the accident that took my mach from me wasnt my fualt