Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fastback40

stumble

Not sure whats going on but I have an edelbrock carb and my engine just started stumbling. It idles fine and take off from a dead stop fine. It seem to be happening once I'm cruising and let off the peddle then slowly hit the throttle. If I hit the peddle firmly its ok. If I'm criusing while gas is on its fine too.

Not sure whats going on but I have an edelbrock carb and my engine just started stumbling. It idles fine and take off from a dead stop fine. It seem to be happening once I'm cruising and let off the peddle then slowly hit the throttle. If I hit the peddle firmly its ok. If I'm criusing while gas is on its fine too.

Its sounds like an engine misfire under slight load. It could be sparkplugs, wires, dist. cap, or rotor. How old are they? I would start with those fisrt. They are the cheapest to replace, plus they are wear items.

Let us know how you make out.

Manny

Its sounds like an engine misfire under slight load. It could be sparkplugs, wires, dist. cap, or rotor. How old are they? I would start with those fisrt. They are the cheapest to replace, plus they are wear items.

Let us know how you make out.

Manny

Not sure if I found the issue without first driving the car to test it. I bought a stepup spring kit for the edelbrock card. There is 2 covers on the air horn that house the rods. Well what I didn't mention earlier was that the drivers side exaust was producing light smoke and I could smell fuel as if the car was running rich, but this has been going on since I bought the carb year and half ago. I pulled the rod cover off the pass side and the spring unloaded immediatly, but the driver side spring stayed loaded when I pulled it and the rod was stuck. So I replaced the spring with a stronger load(pink color) and moved the rod up and down until it was moving smoothly again. Not sure what would have caused it to stick...heck it may have been that way new.

Not sure if I found the issue without first driving the car to test it. I bought a stepup spring kit for the edelbrock card. There is 2 covers on the air horn that house the rods. Well what I didn't mention earlier was that the drivers side exaust was producing light smoke and I could smell fuel as if the car was running rich, but this has been going on since I bought the carb year and half ago. I pulled the rod cover off the pass side and the spring unloaded immediatly, but the driver side spring stayed loaded when I pulled it and the rod was stuck. So I replaced the spring with a stronger load(pink color) and moved the rod up and down until it was moving smoothly again. Not sure what would have caused it to stick...heck it may have been that way new.