Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

woodelf

vinyl top help

Dose any one have any pointers on installing a vinyl top? Is the window moulding (drip rail) different on a vinyl top car? The moulding at the back of the vinyl on the top of the rear quarter panel. Does any one reproduce this piece b/c I can't seem to find it.

Dose any one have any pointers on installing a vinyl top? Is the window moulding (drip rail) different on a vinyl top car? The moulding at the back of the vinyl on the top of the rear quarter panel. Does any one reproduce this piece b/c I can't seem to find it.

I have the 4 trim pieces but not sure how to remove them and they 're not in the best shape. My top looks like it gose up under the drip rail is this correct? Can someone send a pic of how it should look, and how is the drip rail removed.

I have the 4 trim pieces but not sure how to remove them and they 're not in the best shape. My top looks like it gose up under the drip rail is this correct? Can someone send a pic of how it should look, and how is the drip rail removed.

the 4 trim pieces are bolted to the body. they have nuts on the backside that you have to remove to get them off. generally you can get to them by removing the interior 1/4 panels and going through there and from the trunk. they are just pot metal so be careful with them. as long as they are straight you can just bead blast them and repaint them and they'll be fine.

the 4 trim pieces are bolted to the body. they have nuts on the backside that you have to remove to get them off. generally you can get to them by removing the interior 1/4 panels and going through there and from the trunk. they are just pot metal so be careful with them. as long as they are straight you can just bead blast them and repaint them and they'll be fine.

Thanks, the trim was simple but the drip rail?????

on the drip rail i always use the rounded end of bottle opener with some tape on teh end so it doesn't scratch the trim. just work it around the trim, there is a little lip or trough in the trim on the bottom side that you put the can opener into and just pry it up. go slow and work it around the whole piece.

Thanks, the trim was simple but the drip rail?????

on the drip rail i always use the rounded end of bottle opener with some tape on teh end so it doesn't scratch the trim. just work it around the trim, there is a little lip or trough in the trim on the bottom side that you put the can opener into and just pry it up. go slow and work it around the whole piece.