Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thunder Kiss

Fitting headrests to low back seats

When I bought my car 4 years ago it didn't have headrests, I've since bought correct '69 headrests, sliders and bolts but my trimmer says there's nowhere on my seat frame to mount the sliders.

Can anyone please tell me whether there's a subframe the sliders mount to?

My first thought was that I didn't have '69 seats but they do have the levers on the sides to tilt the seats forward, so I assume they are the right seats. Here is an interior shot for reference.

Thanks bnickel, it turns out you're right. My seats are from a '68. Thankfully I was able to borrow one '69 seat frame for reference and my upholsterer welded in the support structure for the headrests.

The car looks a lot better now with new seat covers and headrests.

Thanks bnickel, it turns out you're right. My seats are from a '68. Thankfully I was able to borrow one '69 seat frame for reference and my upholsterer welded in the support structure for the headrests.

no problem, glad i could help

no problem, glad i could help