Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JC69Stang

Starter Help?

I finally installed the new mini starter in my stang, turn the key and I just hear it spinning. I am guessing there is more to the wiring than what I did.

I just ran a wire from the solenoid to the same terminal that was wired from the mounted solenoid to the new starter. I hope that make sense. But it just spins and does not engage the flywheel. I wouldnt think that there would need to be anything else to do?:bored:

Any thoughts?

I would guess there's something wrong with the starter because it's only two wires, The positive that goes from the solenoid to the starter and the ground cable. I think there's something wrong with the starter, Try to return it and get another one and see if it works?

Well, I only ran 1 wire. From my existing solenoid to the post on the starter solenoid that goes into the starter, (the hot wire). Does there need to be a additonal ground hooked up? It is a modern 5.0 starter that has the solenoid built into it and I am trying to keep my existing one. I think Pakrat has his hooked up this way.

Yeah only the hot wire should be hooked up but some solenoids have a smaller solenoid that has a remote wire going to it? ....I don't really know but if it spins i'm sure it's getting power to it?.....

If you have one of these then connect the starter straight to the battery and connect the smaller wire to the solenoid where the ignition wire is connected.

Get a second opinion because i'm not 100% sure since i'm going to do this in a couple weeks

I think this should help

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?p=5872064