Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cobra1

desperate!! help with 69 power steering hoses

previous owner has some sort of hose combo on my 69 coupe with 302. i have two hoses connected together for the pressure line and it causes the routing to be wrong. the hoses are wrapping around under the oil pan and causing a bad torque problem on my lower (of the two) pressure hoses. it looks like a combination of a 6 cylinder hose plus 1 correct high pressure hose. i need to know what hoses are supposed to be on this car. and how many. right now i have two high pressure hoses connected together and 1 return line, also the routing of the correct hoses. part numbers from mustangs plus would really help picturewise. thanks in advance if anyone can help me.

I have two piece pressure hoses and one piece return hose. The return hose is just standard rubber hose with hose clamps. There should be a power steering hose bracket with insulator that mounts to the lower shock tower near the eccentric bolt that attaches the lower control arm to the shock tower. This bracket and insulator is available through the parts suppliers i believe. The insulator should have two holes, one for return and one for high pressure. The connection of the two hoses is close to this insulator. I think the connector is to the rear of the insulator, if that helps any.