Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

70Coupe

Who Wants To Hear A Funny Friggin Story!!!!

so me and a "friend" were talkin and he brought up the story of him wanting to GET a 90 to 92 Camaro, key words are WANTS TO GET. so we are talkin about it and he begins to tell me his camaro(that he doesnt have yet) could whip my stang ANY DAY of the week, i told him not with the little 305. and said ohh yeah it could, then he told me that the 78 Trans Am he wants to get could ASLO beat my mustang. he then had to ask me WHAT my car was again, and i said that i have at least 4 cars. and he said MINE, so i asked if he meant my mustang. then asked me if it was a 92, no, a 79, no, 78, no, 85, no, 75, no, 74, 73, then finally he gets to 1970 and tells me that his camaro (again, that he doesnt even have yet.) could whip mine and he said that his car is gonna smoke mine. and i told him that he dont even KNOW what i wanna do, so i proceded to tell him, its a 351W poked andstroked to a 428, Isky cams, roller lifters, aluminum heads, intake, 4bbl. i todl him it put out about 600 horses(fudged a little, but it will soon) and he still seems to think it will beat me. i had to fall out of my chair laughin my ass off soo hard, but he didnt think it was funny, and HONEST TO GOD though the 305 BONE STOCK in "his" camaro can beat me. what you guys think, good funny story??? think i can win any money off of it for funniest story????

he said that his car is gonna smoke mine.????

Yeah, his car probably will "smoke". Sounds about right for a Chevy boy. All talk.

My father inlaw used to pick at my Mustang saying his 93 vette would beat it "it's a special edition 385 hp". I would always tell him to prove it, I go to the drag strip once in a while. Well of couse that never happened, and once I took him for a ride in my car he kind of changed his tune "well it would be close. I think I'd get you in the 1/4 but not the 1/8" what ever prove it.

I get that kinda stuff all the time from the locals. They think because they have 5 speeds that they have all this torque that my car is somehow lacking. Every once in a while I'll take a ''friend'' for a ride, and they normally change their attitude. That or I'll just give it an all out go in first gear, shifting at 6500 into 2nd. Generally the whole notion of spinning my hoosiers when going into second gear at 30 mph is enough to scare them away.

It's not even worth your time to argue. Some people will never learn/understand.

it isnt worth the time to argue i agree, but its so friggin funny to hear him trying to tell me his camaro that he WANTS to get will beat mine, even with a standard 305, no mods. and he just dont believe, keeps tellin me that he wont use nitrous or turbo or nuttin and i keep tellin him to keep dreamin. he even started in on it again today, tryin to get all his "buddies" to agree with him, and they did agree, till i told them what i was gonna do to mine, then they changed their minds. its still funny to hear people talk about s**t they know absolutley NOTHING about, hes into motorcycles, not cars, but thinks he can beat me. aaaaahhhh makes me chuckle.

Haha reminds of nearly every person in my auto shop at highschool, they all say that there honda, eclipse, corolla, etc with a fart can would woop my "old iron" when i finish putting it together. Then they always give me the horsepower per liter or i could beat you from a roll, blablabla i just shrug it off and walk away

I remember racing a buddy of mine back in 85 with his new Trans-Am. I had a warmed up (cam, intake, carb etc) 83 Gt with a five speed (late model). He came to my house talking trash so we went out to a deserted country road. When my other friend flagged us I spun almost off the road in gravel and still kicked his butt by four car lengths! People who talk garbage for the most part have never ridden in a really fast car. They'll say something like" I had a 93 Probe GT and that thing was awesome" That immediately tells me what there aspect of power is.