Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

70Coupe

Good Deal??

i was recently talking to a friend in my class and we got to talkin about his stash of cars, and he told me he had a 1969 Mach and a 69 Fastback, so naturally i asked about both. and he stated that theMach he flipped end over end about 4 times and the 69 Fastback he was thinkin about selling. naturally i asked if he would trade some cars for it, and we came up with a deal, a 56 Belair (total rust bucket) and a 65 galaxie in better shape then the belair. he said the fastback was the only car that could ever beat his chevelle, so im thinkin either a Cobra Jet or Super Cobra Jet, hell hopefully its a Boss. but either way, does tradin a 56 Bel Air and a 65 Galaxie sound good???

Its all personal taste. I personally would trade depending on the condition of the stangs that your getting in return. Bel-airs look cool but i'd rather a mach or fastback anyday. And a galaxie, well if you dont plan on doing anything with it or the bel-air its definetly a good trade. How ever you may want to check market conditions: meaning ebay and other sites that have classifieds and see how much galaxies and bel-airs in similiar condition are going for.

Just my 2 cents.

the BelAir aint worth much mayb the back window and chrome, the galaxie is in better shape but from what im told the stang isnt too bad, has one killer motor just some body issues, so ima prolly trade him if he wants the cars, all they are doing is collecting dirt at the farm, so better to have someone else actually DO something with them. it all depends on if he wants the cars. i just wished hed sell the Mach, i dont care how bad it is id till take it, its a friggin 69 Mach, youd have to be crazy not to want one.

Yeh just check the frame rails etc, but you probably already know what to look for by now.

I went and looked at one months back and it was practically rotting into the ground.

boy id love to have a 56 belair my favorite of the tri 5's im a serious car guy btw incase ya havnt figure that out yet it would be a hard choice for me if the 69 fastback and the 56 were compareable , but if one is way better then the other then the choice would allready be made for me