Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hotroddino

1969 Mustang Steering Box Rebuid ?

Does anyone have a Scaned copy of the Tech Articles that was in the February 1988 issue of Mustang called "Steerage Class" or the March 1993 Issue of Mustang & Fords called "Steering Steady"?

I need the Ford part #'s for all the bearings & seals to rebuild a " SMBD Manual 19.9:1 4-5/8 turn LTL steering box.

Thanks,

Dino

Thanks for information on the web site. I still wish I could find the tech articles from Mustang & Mustang & Fords to look for the GM cross over #'s to see if they still carry some of the interchangable upgrade parts ( Quicker Ratio).

Dean

Thanks for information on the web site. I still wish I could find the tech articles from Mustang & Mustang & Fords to look for the GM cross over #'s to see if they still carry some of the interchangable upgrade parts ( Quicker Ratio).

Dean

the parts you're referring to are corvette steering box parts for the C-3 vette (68-82) and any of those years will work. give global west a call, they were the ones who did the box for the 93 article. in fact they used to sell the box as a blueprinted version and might still, either way they will be able to provide you with the part numbers. when you call ask for Doug, he's the owner.