Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bswor

Some pics of my 2006 Stang

Well i purchased this baby friday for invoice price. And they tacked on $650 for gap coverage, and $1525 for an extended warranty. Well i took a trip down their and told dropped the extended warranty and talked them down to $300 for the gap coverage (since my dad just recently financed his $30-40k explorer and got his gap coverage for that at the credit union) Needless to say the finance guy was not happy but gritted his teeth and fell into my demands.

Now for the good stuff. 0% financin woohoo! And heres some pics. V6 premium coupe with auto and one option: exterior sport appearance package. SCREAMIN YELLOW!!

IMG_0559.sized.jpg

IMG_0543.sized.jpg

Hah no I'm still piecing my 69 coupe back together. Normally i dont like yellow and to tell you the truth i didnt have any preference for color besides NOT getting legend lime. I was game for just about any color. But this was the best (lowest optioned/priced) car in the area and fits my budget pretty well. I'm thinking of putting a knockoff GT grill in and some sort of hood stripes. But have my paint guy actually paint them on.

of course you realize you'll have to paint the 69 yellow now to match the new car. that way when you take them to car shows you'll have a matching pair. :eek:

check into one of those new 05/06 hoods that has the 69/70 style hood peak and paint it flat black. they actually have 3 different versions i've seen that have different hood scoops too. one has a functional shaker, another has a boss 429 hood scoop and the last has a regular cobr jet style scoop. any of them would look really good on that car especially if you do the GT grille too.

No the warranty they were throwing in was an actual FORD warranty. Well it was an extension to the 3 / 36000 bumper to bumper and the 5 year / 60000 drivetrain that ford is already including.

And by no means am I painting the 69 yellow! Heh heh. Hrmm very interesting, I actually havent seen the hoods your talkin about can you link me?

here it is. i didn't even look at the ad to see who it was, it's cervini's...duh... who'da thunk it. anyway

https://cervinis.com/Default.aspx

check out the B2, B9 and M1 the M1 scoop is even available with turn signal lights! cool!!!

https://cervinis.com/Default.aspx

they also have front and rear spoilers and a cool duscktail style rear spolier too. if you really want to look 69 period correct get the window louvers they offer too.

https://cervinis.com/product.aspx?car=1&id=1160#9031

another thing i think would look cool would be to add their c-500 (eleanor) lower side scoops with either the B2 or M1 hood, front spoiler and rear ducktail spolier. the B2 stripe kit would look good on your car too.

hell, i think you should do your whole car like the B2 car in the ad, since it is already screaming yellow we know exactly what your car would like, billet magnums and all. it's a very cool car

Wowza

That does look pretty darn good. But i do not want to spend that much money at least not right now. Im still going to have to come up with money to paint my 69. Decisions, Decisions.

Had to go down to the Ford dealership today and get them to reprogram one of my keys...... Wouldnt work.

Well guys looks like i should have bought a toyota!!! If you read my above post you will see that i had to have one of the keys reprogrammed yesterday..... Well last night the cars anti-theft light was flashing really fast again and i could not crank the car etc etc. I literally tried 50 times , then i went home and got the OTHER key and it did the exact same thing. So called roadside assistance and that took an hour and a half.

We try it one more time before loading it on the flatbed and it does the same thing. Now get this, the tow truck drivers calls me back when he unloads it at the Ford dealer and it cranks just fine. Then i talk to them today and once again its working. The line Fix or repair daily is no longer a myth.....

I'm just glad it happened this week and not next when i actually need a dependable ride!

Ok they finally fixed the transponder in the ignition and all seems to be working fine again. So i take back half of the negative things i have said heh heh. It only took them 7 days to fix it!!! But she's back and I got the windows tinted and im ready for a long trip to Louisiana Tech University tommorow. 160 round trip give or take.