Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TStone

How do I...

Are they the square push on ones? If so then just put your first two fingers between them and the insulator, one on each side of the post and pull. If not then post a pic so I can see what type you have.

Honestly they barely hold it on at all. The original purpose of this part (which I just removed on my car recently and very few folks still have on theirs BTW) is not so much to insulate the hood as it is meant to snuff out an engine fire should one occur. The idea was that you pop the hood and then quickly pull this down over the fire.

Are they the square push on ones? If so then just put your first two fingers between them and the insulator, one on each side of the post and pull. If not then post a pic so I can see what type you have.

Honestly they barely hold it on at all. The original purpose of this part (which I just removed on my car recently and very few folks still have on theirs BTW) is not so much to insulate the hood as it is meant to snuff out an engine fire should one occur. The idea was that you pop the hood and then quickly pull this down over the fire.

that's interesting Pak, i did not know that. wow something you know about mustangs that is didn't, is hell freezing over today?:devil2: LOL, just playin

that's interesting Pak, i did not know that. wow something you know about mustangs that is didn't, is hell freezing over today?:devil2: LOL, just playin

heh heh, Pak 1, B 9,723.