Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

'69Mach1

Photo needed please 351w factory a/c fan

I need to see a factory air 351w fan setup ,I have the restoration guide ,the part's break down only shows a spacer, and a five blade fan ,I would have thought that there would be a clutch setup instead of a spacer ,If any one has any info on this I'd really appreciated ,even if you could just tell me how it should be set up. Thank You.

the setup you have is correct even for ac cars. i think the only way you could get the clutch fan was with the heavy duty cooling option which had a 4 core rad and i'm pretty sure the clutch fan as well. i switched to a clutch fan years ago and with the fan shroud the car almost never overheats even after sitting in the driveway idling for 2 hours.

I've only seen clutch fans on big block cars and i think those fans were 8 blades. My 70 mach w/351W has A/C from the factory and has the spacer and 5 blade fan.

i got my 7 blade clutch fan from a 69 cougar with a 351w with ac. it had the heavy duty cooling option with the 4 core rad. as well. this was back in 1986 and the car only had about 40,000 miles on it. it was in the mustang wrecking yard where i worked at the time. we had about 100 mustangs/cougars in the yard and there were a couple of cars that had the 351w and clutch fan and ac. i picked the cougar unit because it had the lowest mileage of any of the other cars there. it was a nice car too but it had been hit hard in the left rear corner, the whole car was crooked because of the hit. neither door would close once we got them open that's how hard it got hit.

advance has the fan and clutch for pretty cheap.

Fan: part number 3618 for 30 bucks

clutch: part number 211011 for 22 bucks

you won't find a used original setup for that kind of money. and you don't have to change any pulleys, belts or anything. i do recommend getting a shroud to go with it though.

advance has the fan and clutch for pretty cheap.

Fan: part number 3618 for 30 bucks

clutch: part number 211011 for 22 bucks

you won't find a used original setup for that kind of money. and you don't have to change any pulleys, belts or anything. i do recommend getting a shroud to go with it though.

It does'nt get better than that! Thank You!!