Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

69GT

Body Work!

Its been awhile since ive given an update on my car. I took it in on Wednesday for them too strip it down so that they could give me an estimate and see how bad it was under the sorry excuse for paint. Overall it doesnt look like it will be too bad, just the usually rust spots that are common. Heres a few pictures I took with my cell phone, I should be able to post some better pictures once the body shop gives me a cd with the pictures they have been taking. (they are taking pictures every step of the way)

06-09-06_1559.jpg

This is the bottom front of the passenger side door.

06-09-06_1605.jpg

This is the passenger side quarter panel just behind the rear wheel. This is also probably one of the worst spots. It looks like there is a patch where it is rusted through making me think someone else tried too fix it a long time ago.

06-09-06_1606.jpg

Pinhole rust a little further past the previous picture.

06-09-06_1603.jpg

This is the drivers side quarter panel just before the back wheel.

06-09-06_1604.jpg

Lower part of the rear window. The whole lower and side part of the window is pretty much rusted out. I think alot of it is going to need to be cut out. Its also rusted under the molding.

06-09-06_1602.jpg

Just a shot of the car standing back a little bit.

So overall the car is in good shape I think. Just a few spots that need attention. Im waiting for the shop to call me back with a quote on how much the work will cost and he said we could settle on a price. For now they gave it back to me to drive around, and they covered it with red oxide PPG epoxy primer. When they take it back to actually begin the work, im going to be stuck riding my Go-Ped to work. :eek:

my car had the same spots of rust under the vinyl top. i got lucky pretty much everywhere else though and the only other spots that needed rust repair were the lower rear of the passenger 1/4 panel right behind the wheelwell it was big enough that the body shop used a 1/4 panel repair patch. i still have the part they cut out too, hehe. there was also a little bit under the roof rail retainer molding.

Im thinking about leaving it the original Acapulco Blue. Once they finish the work im going to have them just primer it so that I can paint it later at school. Saves money and I know I can make it look just as good if not better.