Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bswor

Going to look at a 69 and 70 fastback today

Probably rusted to the ground but worth a look anyway. Owner says the 69 came with a 390 and a 4 speed from the factory. Said he had an offer for $1000 but im not sure if he said that was for both of them or not. So probably not in the best of shape either way. I'll be sure to bring a camera :punk:

Heres the link to the pictures:

http://www.1969stang.com/gallery/triptocville

These are pics of the 70 fastback. With no rear under it. H-code. Doors are off the car. Sadly its in the best condition. I may pick the car up since he had only wanted around $400ish for it. But the S-code 69 fastback with the rotting floors he wants at least $1k for. Frame rails are really rusty and about gone i believe. In some of the other pics you will notice a 69 coupe. Maybe a grande, I dont know. Had power steering, a/c, and non power brakes. Top is about to rust off.

Theres also a 65 coupe with the top sawzall'd off!! This was done by the guy selling the cars. I'll get into that later heh heh.

Heres some pics of a duster. I believe it has a 318? I did see that it still had the motor, tranny, and a carb on the car. And the interior looked to all be there. But i personally have limited knowledge about those cars so i didnt look very hard at it. And the car that looked to be in the best condition is the last few pics. Can you name that car?

was the duster a 4bbl if so its a 340 car if its a 4 speed with an 83/4(simular to a 9 or 8 inch) its worth its wieght in gold

Well please enlighten me with some examples, ebay auctions etc. The car does have 340 stickers on it. I may call the guy and ask him about it, once i get some facts straight about them etc.

The blue s-code fastback has some mach 1 striping on it as well. Wierd thing was that the 69 deck lid was on the 70 and vice versa. So the 70 actually says mach 1 on it... But its really the lid from the scode.

Well please enlighten me with some examples, ebay auctions etc. The car does have 340 stickers on it. I may call the guy and ask him about it, once i get some facts straight about them etc.

The blue s-code fastback has some mach 1 striping on it as well. Wierd thing was that the 69 deck lid was on the 70 and vice versa. So the 70 actually says mach 1 on it... But its really the lid from the scode.

well im not good at the posting links thing but a 71 340 bare block should bring close to a grand the complete engine should be close two grand if its a 4 speed that should bring somewhere between 500-1500 complete pedals shifter bellhouseing etc , the rar axle if it is a sure grip (posi) could bring 1200 if its a bucket seat car those are worth 250-500 the rallye guage (round guages) cluster and dash shell could easily bring another grand the car left as is if all these pieces are there could and should bring close 5grand

so if you buy one or both of these fastbacks what would be your plans ?

The only one i'm considering is the yellow 70 because it looks like it could be saved. Its the one with no hood, no doors, and no rear end. Its basically stripped. However the doors are over near a shed. I have a rear-end where i could at least get it rolling and i have a spare hood. So at worst case scenario i get it rollin and sell it to someone who can save it.

I see the 340 decals on the Duster but those are not the stock 340 decals. The decals were mounted on the quarters but not in that location. Still an original 340 Duster has some value but no more than 20-25k fully restored. A friend of mine had a '72 in high school with a four speed and it did haul ass.

Which Grande vinyl top moulding do you need? I have some extra pieces but not sure at the moment. I think they are the right side pieces since I put a used right side Grande quarter on my car and it has the trim still on it.

how much is he asking for the fairlane? i'd like to have one. when i was in high school i looked at getting a 69 torino gt m-code 4 speed car to replace the stang but didn't end up getting it. still like to have one though

I did not ask him bnickel but he does not have the title to it. He also does not have the title to the 1970 fastback i'm looking at either. The duster he does have the title for. And I believe he doesnt have the title for the 69 scode mach.

I'm going to clean up this post a little and put my pictures in my gallery to make it easier to see them all.

If your still interested bryan let me know. No engine/tranny in it etc.

well you first have to apply for a lost title and then prove ownership. if the title app comes back as still listed in sonmeone elses name they have to "approve" the sale by signing a release form. if however the car was stolen then that owner now takes the car you just bought or re-sells the car back to you. even if you have spent 15 grand restoring the car it still technically belongs to that person and there is no way for you to recoup the 15 grand you spent on it. it would be pretty stupid to restore a car before procuring the title to it but it has happened before. most of the time the previous owner will say "yeah i sold that car 15 years ago" or whatever but not always.

when my grandmother died i got her old 78 olds delta 88 but we couldn't find the title anywhere. so i had to go through the whole process of tracking it down. had to file for a lost title and they found out it was still showing a lien on it from when she bought it at the dealership. apparently the bank had never posted the final payment in their system and they were showing that they had never released the title, which was BS because my grandmother had bought the car brand new and had made all the payments, but that's what the bank showed. the ended up releasing the title to me but i had to send all the paperwork to my uncle because he was the executor of the estate and he had to send all that back to the bank before they would actually give me the title. all this tool almost 3 months and i had already sold the car, luckily the guy i sold it to was a buddy of mine from work so he was cool with it but it was still a pain in the ass.

Looks like a 1968 gt torino to me .looks the same as my dads car.look here

My dads is a 1968 390 GT black bucket seats 32,000 miles .1968 HAD 5 CHROME BARS ON ROOF PILLAR 69 HAS 3, And only in 1969 did they have hood scoops

carsz.jpg

To tell you the truth im still not sure what it is. And the ad in the paper had it listed as a 1970 ford fairlane fastback 500. The script on it did say fairlane 500 if I recall correctly.

Yeh thats alot of trouble for a title, i guess i would have to look into that before I did anything.

if however the car was stolen then that owner now takes the car you just bought or re-sells the car back to you. even if you have spent 15 grand restoring the car it still technically belongs to that person and there is no way for you to recoup the 15 grand you spent on it.

There was a story about this last month in USA Today, some guy in Cali got his car back (I think it was an AAR Cuda) after 25 years. It was in a shipper carton to go overseas that was random checked. The current owner says he had no idea it was stolen and had just done a frame off rotisserie. He basically had to say "here your keys sir".:oops:

There was a story about this last month in USA Today, some guy in Cali got his car back (I think it was an AAR Cuda) after 25 years. It was in a shipper carton to go overseas that was random checked. The current owner says he had no idea it was stolen and had just done a frame off rotisserie. He basically had to say "here your keys sir".:oops:

yeah we've had stories similar to that here in texas, there was a guy who restored a 68 1/2 cj car then went to register it and it turns out the car had been stolen something like 15 years before, the guy tried to take the actual owner to court to try to get some of his money back after several years and a few appeals he lost the case.

Anyone know where i can find those moldings that go on the quarter panel for the vynil top on a grande??. I have one but need one more or the set.

i just saw some on ebay they have like 22 hours left , they are out of canada dont know if they are the ones your needing but i thought id let you know