Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trinitys

351w up-date

HERE IS MY PLAN FOR THE ’84 351W….:scooter:

Comp cam kit

Xe268h-10………lift…….510 .512

Duration @.050 224 231

Kit comes with timing chain, tappets, springs locks and ……retainers.

I want to use the sealed power kit from summit In the catalog, page 110 if you have one. Kit comes with pretty much everything needed, pistons, rings fel-pro gaskets typical kit stuff. Compression with a 63 cc head is 9.06:1. Forged piston.

I ended up buying the world sr heads 64 cc for $500 from a friend. They have new valves……intake Is a 2.02 valve. And were just surfaced. There are some issues but I’m willing to deal for the price. I’ll need rockers….1.6:1 right? stock push rods correct?

Intake will be a torker II that comes with the kit I’m getting for the EFI.

Now let me ask you………what pistons do I need? Summit says these will work, machine shop says no but will sell me $575 probe set that would…..????????? How do I tell?

I have the heads and the cam kit. I need to buy an engine kit. I have an ARP oil pump drive, ARP accessory bolt kit, fuel pump block off plate (for the EFI swap).

I think I’ll be ready to start assembling after the machine work gets done, can’t figure out what I need other then what I’ve ordered or plan on ordering(kit).

I also got a bad feeling from the machine shop i went to like i was wasting the guys time so i'll be looking for a different shop to work with my little engine building experiance i have.

the pistons will probably need to be flycut for the valves and cam you're planning. also you might want to think about quite a bit more compression with that cam and the mass-flo injection. i would say at least 9.5:1 preferable more like 10:1. even 10:1 with the cam you have and the added benefits of injection will work well on pump gas, even the lower octane mid-grade would be fine.