Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

69fastback

Measurement on a 69

I'm in the process of checking if my unibody is straight, and I noticed that the front floors look like they are pushed up a bit. There is no dimension in the Factory Manual to check this, so I was hoping that I could find some help from the 69 owners out there.

I need to know how much lower the front frame extensions are when compared to the rockers. My thought was to place a straight-edge across the frame extensions under the front floors and measure from that straight-edge up to the lowest part of the rocker (where the inner and outer are pinch-welded together). On my car, this is about 1.5"

Can anyone out there check this on their car?

TIA

I'm in the process of checking if my unibody is straight, and I noticed that the front floors look like they are pushed up a bit. There is no dimension in the Factory Manual to check this, so I was hoping that I could find some help from the 69 owners out there.

I need to know how much lower the front frame extensions are when compared to the rockers. My thought was to place a straight-edge across the frame extensions under the front floors and measure from that straight-edge up to the lowest part of the rocker (where the inner and outer are pinch-welded together). On my car, this is about 1.5"

Can anyone out there check this on their car?

TIA

What you really need is the assembly manual for dimensions like these, trust me, I wouldn't have gotten my car straight again without one.