Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pakrat

Antenna's radios and CD players.....oh my.

I think I have suddenly decided not to relocate my antenna to the rear but for one reason only. Since my 3 month old trunk CD changer got totalled in the hit I have been thinking about going with one of those in dash updated units that come with a new bezel these days. The only thing is they all look so darn modern and I have yet to see one that truly looked at home, especially with a blan stock interior.

Then it hit me last night, since I deleted my heater core years ago why the heck do I even need the useless control unit anymore? Do you think I can find some type of changer that will fit that opening below my at home looking Kenwood replacement and still be compatible with it? Meaning a unit that plays thru an unused frequency? If I do that instead of a new trunk changer then I think I'll defintly just leave the antenna where it is and go with an electric.

Can you guys think of any reason why I shouldn't delete the controls too and replace it with a player?

I don't see why not. If you don't plan on wanting A/C and you want some sound, then sure, pull the controls. Just don't throw them away!

Yeah, like I've ever thrown anything away in my life. :rolleyes: I wasn't born with the name Pakrat ya know. ;)

I have driven the car with the top up maybe twice in my life so heat or A/C really aren't a big concern, if the weather isn't nice enough to do so then it stays home usually.

Ok cool, no one thinks it's bad idea at least. Guess I better go start visiting the local stereo stores with my bezel then.