Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DarkBuddha

Anyone looking for reasonably priced 18"s?

I thought I'd share this with my fellow less conservative '69-'70 owners... Coys Wheels has a nice set of good looking 2 piece forged billet 18s by Raceline supposedly specifically backspaced for our vintage Mustangs. Price is pretty darn reasonable at $700/set ($175/wheel). Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8013128489&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3AFSEL%3AUS%3A1

BTW, I have absolutely no affiliation with the company... just thought they're nice wheels for a decent price.

If only they werent so darn ugly. heh heh. Good price but i dont really like the design of the wheel. Im going to take a look at there other wheels, i may be selling my 16" Torque thrust II's in the near future to get some 17"s probably.

I did just find it in my junk email folder. I've added you to my allowed email (which I thought I'd done at least once before...). I'm a bit tight on time right now, but give me a week or 2 and I should be able to get to it.

As for the wheels, the Coy 454 knock-offs look pretty darn good and are way cheaper than finding legit 454s. Maybe I'll use 'em on the 'chops I'll do for you...

I know I posted it here before, and you guys have probably seen it, but here it is again:

http://homepage.mac.com/jbauder/PhotoAlbum76.html

the more I drive it, the more I like the pony's new horseshoes. I have about 2" that I can lower the coilovers in front, and then I'm thinking lowering blocks and composite rear leafs to bring the back down. I had to do a little emergency handling the other day and front was nice and tight with a quick turn-in due to the steeroids r&p, but the rear chirped around like it wasn't even part of the same car. :(

Only thing is, I did have to grind down the UP upper A arm and add the 1 5/8" spacer. These wheels fit the standard suspension well, but if you've got a beefy "knuckle" up top there, fit might be a bit of a hassle.

Yeh i forgot about you having them those are NICE. Its a good alternative in my mind to the big chrome/polished torque thrust type wheels. Sounds like you got alot of goodies on your car. Whats the backspacing on the rims?

4.75 bs on the front 8", 5.5 bs on the rear 9". The rear could probably go a little further in, but I think I'll be OK even with dropping the rear 2". it doesn't look like the rears will rub with 275s on there.

yeah, they designed the BS specifically for Mustangs and fender tire clearance. The only thing I like more about the Edelbrock 454 is that inside the "web" the painted gray part is deeper on the 454 and you see more gray on the 454, which I like. Not a big deal at all though.

yeah, some goodies, but it drives like, well, an old convertible with repaired floor pans, a tired 302 2v/c-4 3 speed, and 4 manual drum brakes that just happens to be really well sorted in the front end and has a slightly harsh wheel/tire combo. Hopefully the composite springs smooth things out . . . ;)

4.75 bs on the front 8", 5.5 bs on the rear 9". The rear could probably go a little further in, but I think I'll be OK even with dropping the rear 2". it doesn't look like the rears will rub with 275s on there.

Hey Vert, I've been away for several weeks. Did you mean to say you needed a 1 5/8" spacer for the front? That seems like a lot. :confused:

MD

If only they werent so darn ugly. heh heh. Good price but i dont really like the design of the wheel. Im going to take a look at there other wheels, i may be selling my 16" Torque thrust II's in the near future to get some 17"s probably.

I like both sets of wheels you guys found.

The wheels that DarkBuddha found look a lot better on the car than in a picture. They're a modern version on the old American Racing 200s that we so popular.

The wheels that DarkBuddha found look a lot better on the car than in a picture. They're a modern version on the old American Racing 200s that we so popular.

Exactly... I thought they'd look pretty good on a nice modified car with the right stance.

I think it was late and I was tired when I posted that. 5/16 spacer, I was trying to say I needed "one" 5/16 spacer. Got the 5 right at least.

With new brakes will come longer wheel studs and the 5/16 spacer will stay . . . I need it.

Hey Vert, I've been away for several weeks. Did you mean to say you needed a 1 5/8" spacer for the front? That seems like a lot. :confused:

MD