Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bnickel

i found out how the Boss T/A cars fit such big rear wheels

i found out how the Boss T/A cars fit such big rear wheels. they trimmed the leaf springs, actually it's more like they cut them in half

http://forums.corner-carvers.com/showthread.php?t=25780

this is from the aussie T/A car driven by Allan Moffatt. i know there were a few people wondering how they did it. 70vert and MDindestin for sure were wanting to know

bnickel, thanks. As Napoleon Dynamite would say, "That's flippin' sweet!"

I thought I had a cornercarvers login, but I have to wait to download the photos, but the article is enough. By "notched" it means the LCA is running up into the subframe which has a notch cut into it? For some reason even though I have a login I can't view the photos.

this really caught my eye:

"This was confirmed during a special track test conducted by the US Road and Track magazine at the time. One of the factory cars driven by George Follmer covered the standing quarter mile in a scant 12.9 seconds, generated just over one g of cornering force and almost halved the Boss 302 road car's 130km/h braking distance from 90 metres to just 54!"

dang!

I still can't see how the front suspension pickups are notched into there. Or is the whole front subframe moved up? I still can't get over how they were able to pull over 1g in that car, I guess a lot of rubber and a low stance do wonders for traction. Wonder what it would do in a slalom?

It's interesting how basic everything looks - the cockeyed rear leaf, the basic front a-arms, hard to believe. I guess if it worked, it worked . . .