Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ghostface

Looking for thoughts, opinions, ideas

Hey guys-

So I have a 302 in my 69 coupe and am planning on upgrading. I do not currently have any other engine to put in there and am looking for thoughts about what I should get.

Just to let everyone know this car will NEVER be a show car so matching or orginal anything does not matter one bit.

This car will be eventually a daily driver and all around fun to drive. Of course I would like to go fast....occasionally as the speed limit allows...cough cough

My thoughts after reading other posts on the 302 / 351 debates is to probably go with a 351w and put performace parts in / on her. I also have thought about trying to get a 428 and shove her in there too. Then I have a big time Chevy buddy trying to tell me to put a Chevy engine in there. Hopefully I don't get booted for mentioning putting a Chevy engine in a mustang.. :roll:

I also am going to replace the tranny. Should I do the tranny replacement at the same time as the engine?

Thanx for your ideas.

Hey guys-

So I have a 302 in my 69 coupe and am planning on upgrading. I do not currently have any other engine to put in there and am looking for thoughts about what I should get.

Just to let everyone know this car will NEVER be a show car so matching or orginal anything does not matter one bit.

This car will be eventually a daily driver and all around fun to drive. Of course I would like to go fast....occasionally as the speed limit allows...cough cough

My thoughts after reading other posts on the 302 / 351 debates is to probably go with a 351w and put performace parts in / on her. I also have thought about trying to get a 428 and shove her in there too. Then I have a big time Chevy buddy trying to tell me to put a Chevy engine in there. Hopefully I don't get booted for mentioning putting a Chevy engine in a mustang.. :roll:

I also am going to replace the tranny. Should I do the tranny replacement at the same time as the engine?

Thanx for your ideas.

You could always do something silly like this...

100_1746_medium.jpg

Rebuilding 302. Port and polish, slight bore, going to get edlbrock mani/carb and headers, electronic ignition, dual exhaust.