Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trinitys

i'm getting 2 69 parts cars!

both for 600. both grandes, both disc brake cars, both a/c cars. one has the interior visability option like ghostface has. but both are 302 cars, so no 9 inch :(

anyway here's the first...

and the second....

pictures are gone on his site...

sweet, i need all the side markers and the backup lights. tell me how much and if you could post oe send pics that would be great. i need the best ones you have. i also need the door pull cups, the long style. vinyl top side trim i might need too. all the stainless trim for the pedals and a decent woodgrain console plate and if the package try in either one is decent i need that too. have you ever come up with any more of the accessory feeds for the fusebox? might have some stuff to trade if you want. let me know. i'm needing to start getting all the little pieces together since the car is done at the paint shop. i was supposed to bring it home this weekend buti forgot to call him friday so i could set up a time to meet him at the shop on saturday. gonna try for tomorrow afternoon

brian, let me actually get the cars here before i can say what i have first. and no i don't need a 9", but he says he has a '72-or was it a '73 9". you know whats funny about this, i didn't even want to take these cars, but the price was good enough.

one of them if getting cut-up for sure, he red one's a gonner. the gold one which is nice, really depends on the title situation. i think its a nice car, almost better body then mine, but it has a cracked shock tower. i was supposed to go a look some more and figure out what all i'm gonna take and what i'm not. i knotcie the pics on his site are gone, i hope i didn't ake him exceede his bandwith by post ing his pics.

my car had a cracked shock tower. they aren't that hard to fix. just drill a hole at each end of the crack, use a die grinder to make small valley along the crack and weld it up. i would add a piece of sheetmetal over the crack to strentgthen the repair too. but it's not hard at all if you can weld or have a buddy that can.

This one isn't just a crack. It looks like it did kust have a small crack, but then it got much worse. The shock tower needs to be replaced. He has a good replacement he says. I'll know after to night if these cars are really worth it or not when I dig through the stuff.

By the way......anyone have a heater set-up for this guy? He wanted to put the ac box into his car becaues he has no heat, but he doesn't want a/c.?? I want the ac stuff, but can't remove my heater till I can install the a/c...

Well I mentioned it to the guy and he didn't really say much. So I guess he's not that worried about heat.

Anyway, I decided that I don’t want to get both. I’m just getting his parts car. It has the most parts.

He still has his gold car; it’s an extremely clean and rust free southern Cali car. I hope it finds a home, it is nice. I looked over the whole car and the only part that is bad is the shock tower, and he has a whole replacement for it. So if anyone is looking for an awesome shell, there it is.

Can some of you guys post a picture of those cracked shock towers?

I never seen one and id like to know where to look. thansk it would be greatly apprecitated

i will post some after i get it here saturday. it is extreamly obvious.

ps,69mach1t5

think you could down size the signature picture there. i'm sure its frustratin for people with a dial-up connection.

I got rid of the picture all together ,I tend to forgot about dial up users,Well i found cracks on my shock towers ,One side has a crack on front side and the drivers side has a crack on front and back , which sombody welded up , Do you feel i need to wrry about this getting worse? Heres some pictures ,(which i made smaller) :D and why do you think they added wire?

crack2.jpg

crack1.jpg

wire.jpg[/img]

no idea what the wire is for, but those cracks are relatively minor compared to the crack my car had. those can be welded up pretty easily. i'd recommend pulling the engine to it, and i's also grind them down so they aren't so ugly like the one they did. also check for any vertical cracking as well. the only thing i can think of on the wire was that someone was trying to lower the car or they were trying to use them as travel limiter for drag strip lanches, either way i don't think it worked

i would weld it from both sides if you can. if not the inside will be sufficient. start by grinding a "trench" about 1/2 the thickness of the tower for the length of the crack and then weld into the trench. you can but the shock tower repair/reinforcement kit from pro-motorpsorts, or the cougar braces which are commonly referred to as big block shock towers would work as well