Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pakrat

2 weeks and counting until the restoration begins.....

So I now have to prepare to pull the trigger on what exactly I want to do body wise on my 69' Vert so I can give direction to the guys doing the work. Here is a list of what I am considering, tell me what you think either as a don't do it or a better alternative idea or something else I should also consider doing. Once I consider all options and decide I can then finish my photo shop and get some more detailed opinions on it.

Shaving the front and rear side marker lights

Adding Shelby side scoops

Adding Shelby duck tail spoiler end caps and trunk lid

Changing out regular hood pins for Shelby twist type

Making a custom lower valance grill out of the extra main grill I have (it would cover over the parking lights as well)

Relocating antenna to rear driver side qtr.

Changing out to color keyed mirrors (right now the style is same as Mach 1 only in aftermarket chrome)

That's about it for the body work, pretty minor so far. I am still pondering wether or not to go the extra step and shave the handles off too. If I could find electric windows unit for the front and rear that was all inclusive then I would definitly do this as well.

So what do you think, too much, not enough, what?????? FYI, the interior will be partially modified too but that's further down the road.

Pakrat

All of it sounds good. Love the shelby side scoops. Are you going to mold them in? The valance I'm not sure about I'd have to see it. Why not mold up the reverse lights while you're at it? New or same color?

I was thinking of going the extra step and molding the Shelby scoops in yes. I'll post some photchops of the valance tonite when I get home. I had considered the reverse lights as well but it took me so long to get those suckers up and running when my car wouldn't pass inspection once that I considered leaving them just for that reason.

I forgot to mention that I am also going to modify the brackets and tuck the bumpers in just a tad closer to the body. I like the shaved clean look on some show cars but I also love the chrome on these older cars, I can't get enough and each newer model it dwindles to even less and less so I am hesitant to shave too much off the car.

Is the car driven often? In some states it might not be legal to get rid of the markers. Other than that it would look nice i think. :)

I put about a 1,000mi a year on the car each summer, that's all. Ya know I asked a question simillar to this on Stangnet about the Overhaulin cars and how they shave everyting off, even mirrors and seatbelts, and when I asked the legal inspection question I got scoffed at. My thought was that all pre 67' cars don't have side markers, so unless whoever is judging the legal issue is a serious Mustang enthusiast how would they know it wasn't orignally not available in 69'?