Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

maddogla

drivetrain update

The motor,trans,rear end,clutch brake pedals are installed. Now it's shorten driveshaft,radiator hoses,move lower radiator outlet from right to left side,connect the AC and probably new exhaust system.

Bswor was kind enough to post a few pic's that were taken for me. I would have taken under car pic's but it wasn't on the lift.

Things learned,

-JBA shorty headers lower side of flange (right above the head bolts) had to be ground because it hit the tops of the header bolts w/Edelbrocks performer package. According to both JBA and Edelbrock I appear to be the first person to encounter this w/a small block Ford. Also, at the steering box we had to adjust (hammer) pipe to fit around the box.

-Radiator lower outlet has to be moved from right to left side because w/serpentine belt set-up reverse flow water pump is used.

-I used 70 motor mounts and brackets (JBA recommendation for clearance) and had to drill out the holes on the bracket where the bolt for the mount goes.

-The T5 crossmember had to be drilled (right side only)out a bit again for fit.

We don't have the hood on yet but the air cleaner looks really close to hitting. We might have to mill down the bottom of the air cleaner. We shall see.

All in all the usual stuff......"bolt in" really means "ballpark"....... hoping to get it back next week

mdla