Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Solo2

Recent Observation

During my strool at a recent swap meet today, I find myself a little surprise at some of the prices that are on these items.

For example:

'65/'66 rally pack $550

Big block holley 6-pack intake set-up several for $1100 to $1300

'69/'70 20 gal. gas tank $250 yet next vendor to him, selling repos gas tanks for $139

repo shaker hood scoop $395

repo "power by ford" al valve covers $120

aftermarket 4V dual plane intakes $45 to $60

'69 cobra hood scoop $120, ask how long he tried to sell at that price? Answer was six months, told him it should be in the $75 to $85 range. Came back to that vendor three hours later and he told me that he sold it for $75, and thanked me for educating him on that. As he put it, "one less thing to bring home"

It pays to take a piece of paper and to write down these prices every now and then.

BTW, did pick up a few bargins on old '69 mustang, mach 1, and boss 302/429 mag literature for 2 bucks eack. Last time on e-bay, these mag literature articles sold on e-bay as high as $25 each. Hint, go to the '69 Feb issue of playboy and see a perfect two page ad on the mach 1. Pick two up for $1 ea.

I myself have not made it to any swap meets because well there just arent any local ones. But yeh if people think its gold they will try to sell it like gold. Just gota find the people who are just trying to sell it.

Stacy: Did they all have aircraft landing lights?

Eduardo: Yes, because of the super long straightaways in Mexico. With no speed limits, you wanted to see as far ahead as possible.

Hey that kinda goes along with my thought on using off road lamps. Wonder what kind of landing lights?