Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aw4g63

A few general questions.

Well I'm picking up this car tomorrow from a friend. I went last nigh at about 11pm to look at it. It was sitting next to a barn under a car cover for the past year.

It's from Florida so it's really solid. Very clean metal. Needs a ton of work but that's what I'm looking forward to.

He isn't sure what year it is, maybe you guys can help me.

From what I've seen online last night and today the 69's are the only year with four headlights.

The car has four headlights, slant nose a peak in the center of the hood but dispite every pic I've seen it doesn't have a "shaker" hood.

It's solid. It's a V8 car and the valve covers said "powered Ford" from what I could read. It was dark and I only had a LED blue light on my key chain.

I'm sure it's just a base 302 model as it doesn't have anything that nice on it but I did notice a small piece of molding behind the door in front of the rear wheel, but not like anything I've seen on line.

Oh and it's a coupe & auto.

What can you tell me this car most likely is?

Send us a picture or simply check the vin number. If it begins with a 9 it is indeed a 1969. For example on my Vin report my vin starts out 9F01L

9 = 1969

F= Built at Dearborn mich.

01= Mustang Hardtop (coupe)

L= Originally came with 250-1V (now has a 351c) which never came from factory in a 1969.

I'll be sure to load more pics in.

Heres the link

http://www.1969stang.com/gallery/tomd

Would you guys happen to know if this car has a 8" or 9" rear? My guess is an 8 but my friend said otherwise.

The vin is 9F01F136392

It has front disks. Which is nice and Im rather possitive its a 302 with a C4.

I saw the link on the decoding but I couldn't find that tag. Just the vin tag. How does that break down?

I thought that was wierd that the link was just /gallery2 but I didn't have time to click it. A coworker was walking up. :lol:

I found the vin decoder also.

I guess I just need to figure out what rear end is in it.

Also Im having some problems pulling the rear passenger panels out. I have all the seats out and carpet pulled. The floor is down to clean sheet metal (still new looking paint) , I pulled the rear window cranks off and the panels are being stubborn. I'm sure they must just pull out. I removed two screws from each, thats all I saw but the still seem very firm.

And here I am, I've returned.

Wow, it's really sad to see that I haven't done a whole lot since then. I got the car, tore it apart. Bought a bike and made my bike an amazing piece of work. lol

Now I'm back to the car this winter. I'll be keepin this updated.