Sign in to follow this  
Juju02

1970 Mach 1 gauges not working

Hello I have a 70 Mach 1 and lately when I drive the car for a few minutes my gauges stop working and turn signals stop as well. Then after 15-20 mins they will come back alive for a few minutes and then die off again? Any help would be appreciated!

I've got a 69 and the 70s are wired a little differently, BUT the only common thing between those two items I can see is that power goes to the ignition switch terminal B and leaves terminal A using wire 297 which goes to a splice. From the splice wire 297A goes to the fuse block to feed the turn signals. Wire 30 is also in the splice and feeds the gauges. The wire diagram sometimes gets the colors wrong and says 297 is a yellow wire with a green stripe but on my car its black with a green stripe. Wire 30 is violet and a resistor wire for the gauges. If the splice is bad you can't solder it because the solder won't stick the the resistor wire, it has to be stripped, cleaned and re-crimped. So it could be the ignition switch or the wire connections.