Sign in to follow this  
Fordrevhead

WTB: used T5 crossmember cheap for mock up

Have you found one yet? If not, I'll send you one for the price of shipping..

These are my own design, and plasma cut.. not as nice as your Boss laser cut parts.. but they should get the job done..

3/16" steel and they are a bolt together design, the kicker is that NOBODY, not even me has attempted to install one into a car yet, so I need a guinea pig.. if you are up to it..

Photobucket -- T5 Crossmember

th_IMG459_zps736dfcd3.jpg

th_IMG461_zps5c0f1293.jpg

A long, long time ago, I had a member on a different car forum take measurements from his T5 crossmember. Obviously I didn't go the same route as the one he had.

th_crossmember.jpg

I have a couple other things that may interest you..

untested plates (3/16") for building your own export brace

The ones pictured are 3/8".. its what the plasma guy had on the table that day.. the ones I am offering are 3/16..

th_IMG-20130102-00420_zpsfd7e75f3.jpg

And lastly some custom motor mounts.. I tried searching your posts to see that you had done to your car, but didn't see anything about motor mounts, just pedals (converting from C4 to manual/T5)

I've got what should be considered blem parts.. my coworker the plasma guy screwed up some of the frame side mounts and I just can't fathom throwing them away.. only the frame side bracket (3/16") and the top lock plate are boogered up, I'll try and get a pic showing the comparison. I'd like to get $40 still for the set as the 3/8" parts are good.

I used to have an ad on here selling them. I sold my inventory out, and my plasma guy botched the current brackets.. they look like this.

photobucket --SBF Motor Mounts

And are based off the instructions that buening gives away for free.

His thread on this forum.

Custom Motor Mount build

th_IMG_7213_zps99898ad2.jpg

th_IMG_7208_zps96dd6f4d.jpg

This is what I'm offering, plates. No round tubing, no bushing, no welded assembly.

th_IMG_6741_zps2a35a94b.jpg

And that's nobody's fault but mine. The offer still stands. But I'm waiting on a part, and I won't ask for or accept any money until I have everything ready to ship.

Not in this thread, nor the PM did you actually say how much of it you were interested in. I *assumed* that you wanted it all, but if not, I've been holding you up for no reason.

On my end, somehow I lost one of the small triangular shaped pieces of 3/8" that is supposed to hold the round tube to the flat plate. I'm just waiting on new parts to be cut. I'll let you know as soon as it is.

again, sorry for the delay.. I could lament about work, home life, 6.0 HPOP/IPR problems, but ain't nobody wanna here dat...