Sign in to follow this  
Fordrevhead

FS: Boss shock tower gussets Dogbones & Shelby Arning drop templates

I have had three inquiries lately just on this forum about the Boss 302 style shock tower gussets (dog bones as some people call them).

$30 a pair shipped anywhere in the 48.

These are laser cut .098" full hard carbon steel. They are stiff and hard :eek: and weld very well. The Boss modification spec. book specifies .105" steel fyi. These were templated on my own 70 coupe but these cars vary a lot. Expect some fitment. I would suggest tracing these onto stiff cardboard and modifying the cardboard with scissors little by little. Once you like the fit trace the cardboard back to the metal and grind or trim (this way you don't take too much off). In the case of a small gap, just run another bead of weld. :2guns:

null_zps6fba9a80.jpg

null_zps1f280606.jpg

I can also do Shelby (Arning) drop templates. 64.5-66 OR 67-73. Pictured below is an old 67-73 that I had kicking around. The holes in the tower above were done with my templates. I have a slip fit top hole for the bolts then a 1/8" pilot hole for the bottom. They are .179" thick steel to help keep your bit straight. Once you drill the 1/8" pilot holes you remove the template and step drill the new uca holes in the tower up to 17/32". These are the standard 1" drop. Any further requires a wedge kit or you will snap your ball joints.

I do not have stock of these at the moment so the lead time might be a bit longer. If I get a couple of orders I can place an order for a run of them. I have to buy enough to do a strip down a 48" sheet at minimum.

$20 shipped anywhere in the 48.

null_zps53f5937a.jpg

Edited by Fordrevhead