Sign in to follow this  
Jimjific

Interior Progress

I finally am getting around to show some progress of doing some interior upgrades. List of things I wanted to do:

- Sound deadening.

- New door panels.

- New Radio and stock style door speakers and grills.

- New package tray and speakers.

- Fix instrument cluster light issue, upgrade to LED's.

- New sill plates and use original type screws.

- Fix drivers side window guide.

- I added power brakes while I had everything out.

- Finish reupholster for back seat.

Here are a couple of images of the gutted interior. Floors were already done by a previous owner.

100_1946.sized.jpg

100_1947.sized.jpg

I had a couple of weird issues by the rear shock access areas.

Here on was cracked.

100_1949.sized.jpg

Here is a puncture. I'm not sure how this happened. I welded both areas.

100_1948.sized.jpg

For the sound deadening I took the advice on this site and did the cheap method of using Material that you can get from Lowe's. I had extra Ice and water material from a roof repair I did. This stuff is so awesome. I call it duct tape for houses. Super sticky and it works into the contours well. I forgot to take more pictures so I don't have the whole process captured. I put it on the floor, rear wheel wells rear quarters and door skins. Here's a shot of it on the floor.

100_1965.sized.jpg

Zooming ahead, Here is a shot of the back after I got the next layer of sound deadening done and started reinstalling the interior. The material was from Lowe's and cost about $20 dollars. I cut the pieces out and fitted them then used spray adhesive on both contacts surfaces. I also used duct tape to help hold the seams. This material was surprisingly easy to use and form. all in all, if you were to do this yourself, it would cost about $90.

100_2133.sized.jpg

After everything was done, I am pretty happy with the results. The car does seem to have a more solid feel, but some of this might be psychosomatic since it's really hard to quantify the true results. This is why I didn't want to spend a ton on this.

Next Post, I will go over the other stuff.

Jim

Edited by Jimjific