Sign in to follow this  
Jimjific

Plexiglass Rear Quarter Windows

I got this from the What Did You Do To Your Mustang Today thread.

69Mustang wrote:

"Once I get the car back, I'll install all that and finally get to drive her hard! After that, I'll swing by Home Depot or something to get some plexiglass/ lexan to replace the rear quarter windows."

I figured I'd start a new thread on this. My laser cutter/engraver cuts Plexiglass awesome. It just has to be acrylic, which most of the Home Depot stuff is. I used to make and sell new gauge lens for 69-72 Olds Cutlass' since they were flat.

I'd cut your windows for you for free if have the dimensions.

Let me know,

Jim

I used to live in Temecula for about 10 years.

What thickness do you think you are going to use? I might have some laying around and I could mail them to you. It can't cost me that much. One other issue is, is the glass curved?

Jim

Ah, nice. That's warm area, but the houses are super nice!

I was thinking either 1/8" or 1/4". I guess it's more on how much of a difference it will really make, weight wise. I suppose not much... lol.

The glass is slightly curved. I'm not an expert, but I think it will be fine since it's barely a curve and I have a little room to adjust the angle of the plexiglass.