Sign in to follow this  
sportsroof69

New video

Nice launch, looks like the rearend it taking one hell of a hit! lol. Your build is very similar to my FE build in relation to cam also. Best I've done is scare the shit outta myself as this is a new motor with only 2 scary passes on 295/50/15 BFG tires at a 13.48 110mph sideways most of the track. Cant wait to put a tire on and use my 100 shot of nitrous. Nice to see a 109 degree cam likes a shot of nitrous. Hopefully my 108 will too with nitrous. I haven't touched the nitrous yet, lol.

It's definetly hard on parts, and I learned a few things the hard way. I have a Strange chromoly driveshaft, and Moser 31 splines, but I overlooked the spring perches. On the third launch with the slicks, it ripped the spring perches completely off the rear end housing, and tore a bunch of stuff up.

I ran on DRs for a while, and it didn't do so well, because I had a clutch back then, and clutches with drag radials are a little tricky. I may put the M/T pro radials on it next year to see what I can get done, but I'd never make an attempt on an all season radial tire....lol

I wouldn't worry about a 100 shot. I called Bullet and asked them about spraying with that cam, and Mark told me anything over around a 175 shot, it'll just blow most of it out of the tailpipes and I won't see much gain. It has more to do with just the seperation though. It's a combination of that, and the timing events.