Sign in to follow this  
bw_kc

New member - Question on shifter for TKO

Hi all,

I've got a 69 R Code Mach 1. Recently pulled the C6 and installed a TKO 600. This was not a complete kit so I've got a few loose ends to tie up.

Question, what shifter handle works best with a TKO. I used the short input shaft version so the shifter sits centered in the console opening though it does "crowd" toward front of the opening.

Seeking a stock appearing look (no billit stuff)

I have a TKO 500 in my '70FB and I used a Hurst stick from Summit. Part # HUU-5387436. If you look at the specs it shows the lay back, length and offset. Its comfortable for me but you might want a little more heigth or lay back. You can check the various selections by going into the specs for each of the shifters. Here's some pics of my car. The shifter is in the neutral position in all of the pics.

p3090002b.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

p5220024.jpg

p5220029k.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It's a tilt column out of a '75 Ford Galaxy that I adapted (with some amount of work) the '70 ignition switch onto so I could use the stock ignition switch's wireing plug. The mounting points on the column matched the stock '70 column's u-shaped bracket. I had to shave the plastic column surround that fits up to the bottom of the dash panel. Even thou I used a Ron Francis wiring kit if the switch ever goes out I can replace it with a stock switch. The steering wheel is out of a late '70s F150 if I recall correctly. It has the stock leather wrapped wheel.