Sign in to follow this  
Nightowl

Sport mirrors

Why is there a difference in the sport mirrors for the 69 Mustang? One shows a remote with a 90 degree angle at the directional lever, and the other is a straight forward setup. Mine has that setup. Also, has anyone bought the door panels, and do they come with the cut outs for the remote mirror, or do you have to cut that portion out yourself. I am replacing my panels, and mine does have the cutout on the drivers side. Thanks

Why is there a difference in the sport mirrors for the 69 Mustang? One shows a remote with a 90 degree angle at the directional lever, and the other is a straight forward setup. Mine has that setup. Also, has anyone bought the door panels, and do they come with the cut outs for the remote mirror, or do you have to cut that portion out yourself. I am replacing my panels, and mine does have the cutout on the drivers side. Thanks

The door panels should have the hole cut out for everything including the driver side mirror remote bezel set up. I have never seen any 69 Mach 1 with a 90 degree set up for the remote mirror. Where did you see that ?

By the way , if you haven't ordered your panels yet , check out this outfit. Mustang Market . They have complete sets and they look real nice. Thye are also Ford licensed there add is www.mustangmarket@aol.com

Edited by mymachone

90 degree is for a 70. Straight one is 69. Door panels should have a "punch out" for the mirror but will likely NOT be cut. Thats for those who don't have sport mirrors. You flip to the back and you'll see the punchout- remove that, gently cut the vinyl, (I cut mine in an x fashion) tucking excess back, place the rectangular chrome thing into the hole , route new control wire into the rectangle, install locking nut- Done

The door panels should have the hole cut out for everything including the driver side mirror remote bezel set up. I have never seen any 69 Mach 1 with a 90 degree set up for the remote mirror. Where did you see that ?

By the way , if you haven't ordered your panels yet , check out this outfit. Mustang Market . They have complete sets and they look real nice. Thye are also Ford licensed there add is www.mustangmarket@aol.com

I saw them on Ebay. I think the category is Mustang sport mirrors.

90 degree is for a 70. Straight one is 69. Door panels should have a "punch out" for the mirror but will likely NOT be cut. Thats for those who don't have sport mirrors. You flip to the back and you'll see the punchout- remove that, gently cut the vinyl, (I cut mine in an x fashion) tucking excess back, place the rectangular chrome thing into the hole , route new control wire into the rectangle, install locking nut- Done

Thanks much. I suppose they just thought that the 69 and the 70 are the same body style, so they would fit both.

Richard

Many people (including me) thought 69-70 parts were the same. I am still learning all the differences in the 69-70 stuff. Its almost ALL different- both will work, but only one is correct. There is a site (grabber registry) that outlines the differences very well- gauges, glass, switches even door panels are different. I never would have noticed if it weren't for that site.