Sign in to follow this  
Dangstang

Rear Brakes sizing

Looking at replacing the rear brake shoes ,and need a little clarification on shoe size.CJP lists 3 sizes for V8 cars one listed as a 10" x 2" one a 10" x 1 3/4" as well as a 10" x 2 1/2" for BB cars.As mine is a 351w one would assume the 10" x 2" or the 10" x 1 3/4"would be correct. Although the shoes I removed from the car are 11" x 2" back side and and 8.5" x2" front side of the axle.This measurement I got from the pad length and width.

I guess its possable the prevoius PO installed some random shoes .If someone could shed a little light as to what works for them it would be

appreciated.

Regards

Hi Dangstang. The 10" refers to the Diameter of the Brake Drum and not the length of the Brake Shoes. If the Shoes that you took off were 2" wide than that is what you should get for the replacements. I also have a 351w and my car has 10" x 2" on the rear and 10" x 2 1/2" on the front. Both original from the factory. Hope this helps.