Sign in to follow this  
StephenC

Flush mount glass?

004-5.jpgHas anyone heard of flush mount glass for 69 fb yet? I came across a thread on VMF where they were talking about Classic Auto Glass Innovations making them but checked there website and nothing about Mustangs yet. I guess they did it on a 66 but havent contacted them yet about any other years. Anyone know of any other places that have flush mount glass? I think its a pretty cool concept for a RestoMod.005-3.jpg Edited by StephenC

I saw a show recently where they discussed how to do it with the factory glass. Basically you use shims to set your glass height, then bring your sheetmetal in to a gap of around a 1/4" - then this flush mount rubber gasket can be bought that fills the gap and holds the glass.

I wish I could remember what show it was, but it was interesting to see how they do it.

I saw a show recently where they discussed how to do it with the factory glass. Basically you use shims to set your glass height, then bring your sheetmetal in to a gap of around a 1/4" - then this flush mount rubber gasket can be bought that fills the gap and holds the glass.

I wish I could remember what show it was, but it was interesting to see how they do it.

I think I saw that also? Was it on Horsepower TV on Spike TV? I think it was Muscle Car?

Just to let anyone know who was interested I called Classic Auto Glass Innovations today and they said they will be rolling out the flush mount glass for the 69/70 Fastbacks at the end of this summer. You can get placed on the early order list and save about $500 on your total order.